- Typical UCAS Offer:280 A levels: BBC or CCC plus C at AS (or other level 3 qualifications), this must include a pass in A level Mathematics, Physics or Engineering related subject.
- BTEC: DMM in an Engineering discipline.
- For applicants who only have 2 A levels or equivalent then 240 points or BB plus C at AS, must have a pass in A level Mathematics, Physics or Engineering related subject.
- Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- All applicants need GCSE minimum grade C English Language, or recognised equivalent.
Level 4 (first year of study) helps you to develop the skills and techniques used by all engineers and which are taught right across our entire engineering programme.
At Levels 5 and 6, your study will focus on the mechanical design process, materials, mechanical and fluid systems, business and programming. Optional specialist modules may include subjects such as Power Plant and Clean Technology.
Level 6 will include your major individual project which may be inspired by your placement which you will undertake between levels 5 & 6. As well as using specialist knowledge, this along with underpinning modules, will provide an opportunity for you to be able to consider the legal, ethical and environmental impact of engineering decisions on society