Management & Science University (MSU)
Ready to apply? Start here.
|Student population||Medium (1,001 to 10,000)|
About Management & Science University (MSU)
Over three exciting decades have gone by and MSU is privileged to play its role in the development of human capital needs at the local and international levels. The challenges over the years have made us more resolute in our journey towards providing you with the best in higher education.
The thirty years have also seen ourselves grew from just a college to a Tier 5 Excellence rated University. This rating, accorded twice to MSU by the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia has helped propelled MSU to be as one of Malaysia’s best. Our achievements are aligned to our objective of providing a quality driven education and learning experiences that will help shape your future.
At MSU, we give priority to our graduates employability, as such our focus on the industry relevant courses and ensuring that these courses meet current trends dictate much of what we have to offer students. Specialisations in Medicine, Health and Life Science, Nursing, Pharmacy, Business, Management, Accounting, Hospitality, Law, Computer Technologies and Engineering have complemented the marketability and the employability of our graduates.
A complete learning experience goes beyond academic achievements. Relevant personal enhancement experiences are also equally important as we mould our graduates to be competent professionals.
Be a part of our selfenhancement activities aimed towards nurturing your softskills attributes. From a range of community engagement efforts to activities aimed towards appreciating and preserving the environment, you will somehow find something to be engaged in while at MSU.
For admission requirements and intakes for each individual course/programme please refer to course details.
Courses available 151
- 10Accounting & Finance
- 14Applied, Pure Sciences
- 5Beauty, Personal Care
- 24Business, Management
- 17Computer Science, IT
- 19Creative Arts & Design
- 5Education and Teaching
- 2English Language
- 25Health and Medicine
- 9Hotel Management & Hospitality
- 4Humanities & Social Sciences
- 3Mass Communication & Media
- 1Sports Science
Tuition and application fees
B$ 4,206 - B$ 129,444 per year
Estimated tuition fees as reported by the institution.
|Application fee (local students)||B$ 32|
|Application fee (foreign students)||B$ 194|
|Student visa fee (foreign students)||B$ 776|
B$ 485 per month
Average living cost in Malaysia
The amount is indicated taking into account the average cost of food, accommodation, etc in Malaysia for 2023
Living in university accommodation is a fantastic way to start your student life and make new friends quickly.
MSU offer a wide range of accommodation with something to suit everyone’s budget. We offer an excellent choice depending on your requirements - there are apartment style accommodations and as well as condominium style accommodations that will suite with your needs and requirements.
Most of our accommodation is within walking distance of the campus but transportation will be arranged for accommodations that are slightly away from MSU.
The first phase academic block and the second phase management tower completed respectively in 2010 and 2011. Both phrases provide over 1.4 million square feet of floor space making MSU as one of the largest private universities in Malaysia. Currently ongoing, is the completion of the campus third phase which coprise of the Medical Centre and the Students Village.
The campus promotes easy mobility among students / staff and it is designed to complement the University's vibrant life-style. At the hub, is the university's main thoroughfare - the U-Plaza - which is an area dedicated for myriad range of students activities. Flanking one side of the U-Plaza are the commercial outlets where students get to apply their entrepreneurial know-how on various commercial endeavours.
FACULTIES IN MSU:
Faculty of Information Science & Engineering
This faculty comprises of three departments which are the Departments of Information Science and Computing, the Department of Media Science and Graphic, and the Department of Engineering and Technology. Among some of the facilities available here are:
- Server Room
- Control Lab
- Electrical Lab
- iMac Lab
- Multimedia Studio
Faculty of Health & Life Sciences
This faculty comprises of four departments - Department of Health Science, Department of Health Professional & Food Services, Department of Optometry & Visual Sciences and Department of Nursing - and host diverse range of research activities. All the programmes offered represent areas where most significant advances are taking place and provide graduates with the essential skills and knowledge for the professional career pathways in healthcare industry. Among some of the facilities available here are:
- Biochemistry Lab
- Chemistry Lab
- Haematology & Immunology Lab
- Pathology Lab
- Physiology Lab
- Eye Centre
- Paediatric Clinics
- Community Nursing
- General Ward
Faculty of Business Management and Professional Studies
The faculty comprises of two departments which are Department of Business Management and Department of Accounting and Finance. Our quality academic programmes and industry-based learning aim to provide the students with an excellent platform to master the skills needed in the volatile international and local business arena.
School of Hospitality and Creative Arts
This school offers programmes in hospitality and creative arts are offered with a strong practical and industry focus. SHCA boasts excellent training facilities such an on-campus professional kitchen, a fashion hallway, a travel agency, a spa, and a beauty outlet.
The MSU campus is lodge between the Damansara River and the Elite Highway in Section 13 Shah Alam is a manifestation of a progressive vision and iconic presence.
Medium (1,001 to 10,000)
|foreign students||Data not available|
TOWARDS BEING GLOBAL CITIZENS AT MSU
Management and Science University is a global university that emphasizes the success of its graduates, both in academic excellence and soft skills in order to produce a holistic, balanced and well-rounded graduate.
The moment you step into the MSU campus, you will experience the dynamic cultural diversity that is felt all around. Our students bring life into the overall vibrancy on site, with their combination of personalities and lifestyles. Their different racial or academic backgrounds and experiences, add unique features of the university, where individual growth and communication are leveraged.
Our international students from over 40 countries worldwide also add to this existing cultural diversity and you can anticipate the interesting campus life activities, where cultures and customs collide. Our students are given opportunities to gain international exposure while they study here. Similarly, international students planning for a shorter period of time can also come to experience the global mobility program we offer.
The Global Mobility Program (GMP), Global Leadership Program (GLP) and Global Internship Program (GIP) allow students to empower their global experience with MSU university partners around the world such as the UK, Australia, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, China, Indonesia, Brunei, Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan and more as their hub for knowledge.
The participation of students in these programs strengthens their appreciation for social and cultural uniqueness, information sharing and skills, learning and teaching systems, collaborative networks, new partners, community service and as a 'small ambassador' of the State.
In MSU, the International Student Society supports all international students and activities such as:
Facilitates new students during registration
Assists international students to get adjusted in the new environment
Organizes activities that celebrate diversity and cultures across countries
Supports students’ needs around the campus
Disseminates relevant information where necessary
There is a place for everyone at MSU, where education is offered through an entry system that facilitates admission from all walks of life, locally and internationally. We are committed to providing the journey that will help to transform lives and enriching the future for all.
We look forward to having you at MSU!
The College Tour
- Professional Kitchen
- iMac Lab
- General Ward
- Mock Teaching Room
- Anas Che Omar, Bachelor in Psychology with Marketing
- MSU provides you with that city-campus atmosphere, which I like. The environment on campus is diverse, with students coming in from all over the world, bringing in their own unique cultures. Home to students of 37 nations, it is indeed the Global University of Choice especially among top industries.
- Nur Najwa Athirah, Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery
- MSU has enriched me with many priceless experiences and useful exposures throughout my university life. The diversity of its people blending in to form one huge united body is the one thing that makes MSU special to me.
- Sandra Kanthan, Bachelor in Human Capital Management
- What I like best about MSU is its emphasis on learning and the advancement of learning; it stands firmly for 21st-century education. Also, the atmosphere on campus is one of comfort and harmony, conducive to not only learning but also academic progress, talent nurture, interracial communication, and of course, the birth of next-generation leaders.
- Hafiz Afiff Chung, Bachelor in Bioinformatics (Hons)
- Among the many things that I love about MSU is how holistic growth of each individual is emphasized. You are encouraged to develop your academic ability alongside your individual talent and self-expression, to be excellent academically and personally. These are the necessary qualities to equip yourself with, coming into the highly competitive and demanding working environment of today.
- Ang Li Min, Bachelor of Pharmacy
- My studies in MSU thus far have given me many opportunities including a platform on which to grow not only intellectually but also socially and emotionally. Among the things that make me proud of MSU are the education culture and philosophy, also the exceptional interest in the nurturing of soft skills. Delivered by sophisticated teaching tools, such soft skills develop exemplary attitude and character fundamental to my future employability.
- Hoh Win Nie, Foundation (Science Biology/Health Science)
- "I choose to continue my studies at MSU because of its facilities. MSU offers world-class facilities that I know will assist my learning process. Can’t wait to start my class!"
- Muhd Salleh, Bachelor in Law and Commerce (Hons)
- “I choose to progress from Diploma to Bachelor because of MSU’s compelling learning experiences. I really enjoyed my years in Diploma; they benefited me in so many ways."
- Isyra Bt. Mohd Halme,Bachelor in Event Management (Hons)
- "I choose to further my study at MSU because it is a leading Malaysian university with a reputation for academic excellence. I really hope to benefit from my MSU experience."
- Mochamad Ghifari, Foundation in Business, Indonesia
- "I choose to further my study at MSU because it is an award-winning global University. I believe the University will provide me with broad global exposure and great learning experiences."
- Eizwan Bin Hazlan, Bachelor in Computer Science (Hons)
- “I choose to continue my studies at MSU because I am confident with the quality of the education it provides. I look forward to reaping the benefits from my MSU experience."
- Muhamad Farhan Aszme
- "I choose to progress from Diploma to Bachelor in Culinary Arts because of MSU’s comprehensive facilities"
- Yaan Maay, Foundation (Science Biology/Health Science)
- "I choose to further my study at MSU because of its industry-collaboration advantage, which I believe will benefit me, make me better prepared for the professional medical world."
- Mikhail Bin Ali, Diploma in Human Capital Management
- “I opt to enroll in MSU because of its good reputation and strategic location. I believe my MSU learning experience will help me build me and enrich my future!"