- We normally make offers on a minimum of 300 UCAS tariff points including A-Level (or equivalent) Maths at grade B, plus GCSE Maths and English Language at grade C.
- BTEC National Diploma/International Baccalaureate/Advanced Progression Diplomas at equivalent tariff.
- Access to HE - Pass.
- Applications from candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed
International Entry Requirements
- We accept the equivalent of the above from a recognised overseas qualification
English Language Requirements
- You must have competence in English language and we normally require Grade C GCSE or an equivalent qualification.
- IELTS 6.0 (with minimum 5.5 in all four components).
In your fourth year students on the MMath can choose to either undertake an independent Project on a significant topic of your choice or work in a group studying a contemporary area of advanced mathematics in the Reading Course.
Additionally you will take two taught modules on subjects that reflect the department’s current research expertise. Topics on these modules will not be fixed year on year but will depend on current interests of staff and the ever changing climate of mathematics. These modules teach cutting-edge subjects that are of particular importance and will give you the chance to experience mathematics at its most dynamic, taught by researchers in the area.
Finally you will have the opportunity to take third year modules not previously taken or join modules on the department’s masters degrees. These include Financial Mathematics, Operations Research and Applied Statistics.