The contents of this page have expired.
You may have arrived here from an outdated link.
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES INBusiness and Management
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES INComputer Science and IT
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES INEngineering
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES INHotel Management and Hospitality
UNIVERSITIES WITH COURSES INMass Communication and Media
Mary Immaculate College
|Student population||Medium (1,001 to 10,000)|
|Nationalities||Contact the university / college|
About Mary Immaculate College
Mary Immaculate College is a College of Education and Liberal Arts It had founded in 1898. It is located on South Circular Road in Limerick. It became academically linked to the University of Limerick in 1991. The college has approximately 3,500 students and 300 staff. Mary Immaculate College was established as a dedicated primary teacher training college in 1898 by Bishop Edward Thomas O'Dwyer, Roman Catholic Bishop of Limerick and the Sisters of Mercy. The role of the College was became important in 1992 to offer a Liberal Arts programme, while continuing to run both undergraduate and, more recently, postgraduate courses leading to primary education practice. The college also offers an Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) degree. The College's flagship programme is the Bachelor of Education
|IELTS||Contact the university / college|
|TOEFL||Contact the university / college|
For admission requirements and intakes for each individual course/programme please refer to course details.
Courses available 10
Tuition and application fees
Contact the university / college
Estimated tuition fees as reported by the institution.
|Application fee (local students)||Contact the university / college|
|Application fee (international students)||Contact the university / college|
|Student visa fee (international students)||Contact the university / college|
Data not available per month
Average living cost in Ireland
The amount is indicated taking into account the average cost of food, accommodation, etc in Ireland for 2023
|Food||Data not available|
|Accommodation||Data not available|
|Others||Contact the university / college|
- Facilities Include 68 single rooms
- Bathrooms, shower rooms and toilets at end of each corridor
- Small kitchen at end of every corridor with tea/coffee making facilities, fridge, microwave, toaster, delph and cutlery
- Small T.V. room adjoining kitchen
- Laundry facilities (coin operated)
- Lift to all floors
- 24 hour security
- Reception and Tourist Information
- Fully equipped self-catering kitchen
- T.V. Room
- Public telephone
- Self-service launderette
- Housekeeping service
- Nightly security/security cameras
- Private Parking
- Nearby shops and Bar
- Tennis Court
- Internet Room
The campus of Mary Immaculate College include many convenient facilities including the College Restaurant, shop, (An Siopa) and bank, you can visit some of the College’s listed buildings of historical interest, such as the Foundation Building and Summerville House. You may also wish to have a look at the College’s Art Gallery or follow the Sculpture Trail around the College grounds.
- Mary Immaculate College is located between the South Circular Road and the Dock Road in the leafy southern suburbs of Limerick City, within fifteen minutes walk of the city centre and close to the many social and cultural amenities of this historic city.
Travelling by Train/Bus
- Mary Immaculate College is just a fifteen minute walk from Limerick’s Train and Bus Station, Colbert Station. From there, regular Irish Rail and Bus Éireann services conveniently connect Limerick to towns and cities throughout Ireland, including Dublin, Cork, Tralee, Killarney, Ennis, Tipperary, Waterford, Galway, Westport and (via Dublin) Belfast and Sligo.
Travelling by Air
- Shannon International Airport is just a twenty-minute drive away and provides direct scheduled flights to Dublin, Belfast, the UK, Paris, New York, Washington and Boston.
- Buses and taxis link the airport to Limerick City centre. Taxis from the airport cost on average €45 and car hire services are also available at the airport.
Medium (1,001 to 10,000)
|Undergraduate students||Contact the university / college|
|Postgraduate students||Contact the university / college|
|International students||Contact the university / college|