|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About Adventist University of Health Sciences
The University equipped with:-
- The Anatomy and Physiology Lab features multiple human skeletons, full as well as disarticulated, and one real human skeleton. It also features five full-sized muscular torso models, as well as arm and leg models for studying the muscles. The nervous system and special senses are represented by various models, including brain models, eye and ear models, and three-dimensional nervous system boards displaying the major body nerves.
- Bay run is our apartment complex for students under the age of 21. Each apartment is fully furnished, and includes on-site laundry access and overnight security. Recreational facilities include tennis and basketball courts, and our shuttle service will pick you up and drop you off on campus. Additionally, all students living at Bay Run are welcome to use the pool and other amenities at La Salle student housing complex.
- The Biology Laboratory located in the Campus Center Building was established in 2007 to implement, facilitate, and support the needs of teaching and research in general biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, histology and genetics. It carries out teaching and research into the mechanisms underlying basic and applied biochemical concepts and techniques designed for all health care professionals. The laboratory is capable of performing the following tests: polymerase chain reaction, macromolecule blotting (northern, southern, and western), cell culture, electrophoresis (agarose and polyacrylamide), cell fractioning, expression cloning, ELISA tests, light microscopy, dark-field microscopy, inverted microscopy, fluorescence microscopy, colorimetric tests, centrifugation, chemicals and solution preparation, and experimental statistics.
- The Campus Bookstore and Cafe are located on the first floor of the Campus Center Building, inside the NESS Café and student lounge. There, you'll find a slew of student essentials, including university apparel, greeting cards, school supplies, uniforms, stethoscopes, textbooks, and reference materials.
- The Campus Center building is the heart of ADU. In the lobby, you'll find our Welcome Center, which is where you'll check in if you come to visit. You'll also find the our Admissions office, as well as the entrance to our campus bookstore and NESS Cafe, the campus eatery.
- The chapel on campus is a place of quiet solitude. Students, staff and faculty retreat there from time to time to reflect, pray and simply become still. Scripture says, “Be still and know that I am God.”
ADU is a faith based institution. It is of no surprise then, when one visits the chapel, to see displayed three powerful objects of that faith. On the wall facing west one will see pictures depicting the creation motif. We are not just accidents but designed with care and great intentionality from a powerful and loving God.
At the front hanging on the wall behind the piano is a picture of the Ten Commandments given by our God to enhance the quality of our life. To the right of that picture and designed within the fabric of the chapel walls themselves is the Cross. It embodies the core of our faith. It is a rich symbol of the love of God for all people as well as a challenge for us to embrace each other.
- The Chemistry laboratory is where theory meets practice by the hands-on implementation of what is learned in general and organic chemistry. Our Laboratory has modern-day instruments for physical chemical analysis including titrations, potentiometric studies, thermochemistry as well as absorption spectroscopy. The laboratory is equipped for research with automated GC/MS instruments and IR spectrometer and prepares our graduates for further studies in healthcare courses.
- La Salle is our apartment complex for students age 21 and over. Each apartment is fully furnished, and includes on-site laundry access and overnight security. Recreational facilities include a pool, and students living at La Salle are welcome to use the amenities at the Bay Run student apartments, including the basketball and tennis courts. Our shuttle service will pick you up and drop you off on campus.
- The Microbiology laboratory is equipped for students to study the principles of microbiology, disinfection, sterilization, elementary immunology and microorganisms. We also emphasize their relationship to health and disease and test many commercial products for their ability to eliminate microbes and provide sanitary environments.
- The campus eatery, named using the first letter of the University’s four vision words—Nurture, Excellence, Spirituality, and Stewardship—is a great place to study, eat, or hang out. The daily menu includes popular breakfast and lunch options for a quick bite or studying sustenance. A café patio is available right outside of the café that looks over the beautiful Lake Estelle.
- The Nuclear Medicine lab uses high-quality equipment, such as a gamma camera, uptake probes, survey meters, dose calibrators, and a computer workstation. Here, students practice IV setups and injections prior to their clinical education, and get to experience drawing doses and making “mock” radiopharmaceutical kits.
- The Nurse Anesthesia Skills lab is where our students can practice essential skills necessary for becoming Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists.
Adventist University of Health Sciences is located between Lake Winyah and Lake Estelle, east of Florida Hospital in Orlando, Florida.
Acceptance to the University does not guarantee placement in student housing. Placement is based on availability, eligibility, and seniority. Adventist University Student Housing contracts are effective for one trimester. If accepted, a Student Housing Handbook will be mailed to you with your housing confirmation. Please refer to the Handbook for additional information.
Student Housing Features
- Furnished living room, dining area, bedrooms, and kitchen appliances.
- On-site laundry and recreational facilities.
- Free shuttle rides between the apartment complexes and the University.
- Access to a wide variety of food options at Florida Hospital's cafeteria and University Café
- Night security provided by Campus Safety.
Courses available 10Applied and Pure Sciences 2 Engineering 1 Health and Medicine 7
Be the first one!